New work by Holly Coley. Contact Holly.Coley@gmail.com
All work copyright Holly Coley 2009.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Selection from 30 studies

Double Spade.


These are images of imagined fairy tales using Roy Wood as the subject.   Through the use of hair, make up, and costumes, I will create a mythological universe with Roy at its center that creates a visual narrative that will explore some of my favorite subjects such as transvestism, glam rock, mysticism, and heightened states of male sexuality/emotional sensitivity.  I will convey these subjects through my use of color and painting style. 


Mermaid.

Here I've painted Roy as my cat Fran.

Naked Roy.

Roy twins dressed for Swan Lake.

Roy twins gathering wild flowers while still dressed in Swan Lake costumes.

Mystical arrangement in Roy's hair.

Getting a feel for the make up.

Swam Lake detail sketch.

Roy twins as space travelers.

Roy twins riding a swan that is playing the saxophone in Swan Lake costumes.

Twin detail.

Swan Lake costumes.

Make up study.

Color sketch.

Bound by joy.

Comfort when the curtain comes down.

No comments: